104th PGA Annual Meeting
Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020
Since the Annual Meeting will be taking place virtually, no travel or lodging will be needed.
The 104th Annual Meeting of the PGA of America will take place virtually. Please see below for details on the meeting and for information on joining the meeting.
Annual Meeting Delegate Schedule
When: Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020
Time: 2:00 PM Eastern
- Officer and CEO Reports
- Installation of new Officers and Board
Election for PGA Secretary
Please click here for information on the 2020 Candidates.
There were no resolutions submitted by the Sept. 1 deadline.
Thank you to the following Members for your time and service:
Outgoing Board Members
- Steve Aloi, PGA - District 4
- Tom Henderson, PGA - District 2
- Renee Powell, PGA/LPGA - At Large Director
- Ron Rawls, PGA - District 9
- David Schneider, PGA - District 8
Outgoing Board of Control
- Dave Altemus, PGA
Retiring Section Executive Director
Farewell and thank you to retiring executive director, Jeffrey D. Ellison, PGA for your 16 years of service as an Executive Director and 30 years overall to the Pacific Northwest PGA Section and to the PGA of America.
Welcome New Board Members
We will be welcoming and swearing in the following new Board Members:
- John Pillar, PGA District 2
- Ed Habjan, PGA District 4
- Greg Neujahr, PGA District 8
- Jared Barnes, PGA District 9
Welcome Incoming Board of Control Member
Name will be announced during the Annual Meeting.
The 13 recipients of the 2020 PGA of America National Awards includes:
- PGA Golf Professional of the Year: Ronny Glanton, PGA, Sherrill Park Golf Course - Richardson, Texas
- PGA Teacher & Coach of the Year: Mark Blackburn, PGA, Greystone Golf & Country Club - Birmingham, Ala.
- PGA Golf Executive Of The Year: Dana Garmany, PGA, Troon - Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Bill Strausbaugh Award: Larry Dornisch, PGA, Muirfield Village Golf Club - Dublin, Ohio
- PGA Professional Development Award: Jim McLean, PGA, Jim McLean Golf School - Coral Gables, Fla.
- Deacon Palmer Award: J.P. Lunn, PGA, Fountain Head Country Club - Hagerstown, Md.
- PGA Patriot Award: Christopher Runyan, PGA, GOLFTEC - Spokane, Wash.
- PGA Player Development Award: Rich Jones, PGA, Pine Ridge Golf Club - Coram, N.Y.
- PGA Youth Player Development Award: Chris Thomson, PGA, Wilderness Ridge Golf Club - Lincoln, Neb.
- Herb Graffis Award: Nebraska PGA Section
- PGA Merchandiser of the Year-Resort Category: Josué Reyes, PGA, Whistling Straits/Black Wolf Run - Kohler, Wis.
- PGA Merchandiser of the Year-Public Category: Jacob Lippold, PGA, Chambers Bay Golf Course - Tacoma, Wash.
- PGA Merchandiser of the Year-Private Category: Jason Ballard, PGA, Oak Hill Country Club - Rochester, N.Y.
2019 Players of the Year
- Women’s PGA Professional Player of the Year, Joanna Coe, PGA, Baltimore Country Club - Timonium, Maryland
- 2019 Senior PGA Professional Player of the Year, Bob Sowards, PGA, Kinsale Golf and Fitness Club - Powell, Ohio
- PGA Professional Player of the Year, Ryan Vermeer, PGA, Happy Hollow Club - Omaha, Nebraska
Member Service Requirements (MSR) Credits
Members who login to the meeting on Thursday, October 29th will receive three (3) MSR credits in the PGA Required Category. Each member must sign-in to the meeting in order to be awarded the MSR Credits.
Watch the Virtual PGA Annual Meeting Live on PGA.org. Link access will be provided on October 29th.