PGA Financial Assistance Fund Scholarship Program
Academic Scholarships for College
The PGA Financial Assistance Fund was established in 1986 and provides college scholarships to children and grandchildren of PGA Members based on evidence of academic achievement during high school or college. The PGA of America awarded 185 academic scholarships totaling $400,000 to students for the 2018-19 school year.
NEW for 2019-2020
The PGA of America Scholarship Committee and International Scholarship & Tuition Services (ISTS) have worked together to make improvements to the online scholarship application, with new functionality enabling applicants to monitor their progress through the application process. Applicants will be able to upload their supporting documents online, correspondence to the applicants will increase and disbursement of scholarship checks will be processed on a timelier basis.
There will be additional support to help the applicants via email, chat online, phone or use of the online contact form. The applicants can access a self-help portal that will be available 24/7 and students will receive emails throughout the process. The type of emails going out:
- Confirmation email upon submission of the online application.
- An email to applicants if an uploaded document was rejected.
- Deadline reminder to applicants who have started but not submitted their application.
- Deadline reminder for not submitting supporting document(s).
- Selection results notifications are sent to all Complete applicants.
- Award acceptance reminder email to scholarship recipients.
ISTS will manage the application process while the PGA Scholarship Committee will continue to oversee the process, and the criteria will remain the same. The applicant must be a child or grandchild of a PGA Class A Member or Life Member in good standing. The applicant must have a minimum cumulative 3.4 (unweighted GPA based on a 4.0 scale). Please contact Valerie Johnson at email@example.com if you have questions.
About International Scholarship & Tuition Services (ISTS)
Founded in 1985, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) provides comprehensive scholarship and tuition reimbursement program management for corporations, foundations, associations, unions and trusts worldwide.
- April 20, 2020 - Application CLOSED
- April 20, 2020 - Supporting Documents submission - CLOSED
- June 2020 - Notification of Selection Results
- August 2020 - Funds Disbursed
- August 2020 - Deadline date for photo submission
- October 2020 - The PGA Financial Assistance Fund Scholarship recipients will be on PGA.org and in PGA Magazine