Section Senior PGA Professional Championship
Refer to your Section’s date and deadline below …
Every applicant (except exempt applicants) must go through a two-stage process as follows:
- Enter and compete in your Section Senior PGA Professional Championship. See “your Section’s specific information below.
- A pre-determined number of top finishers from each Section, plus exempt players, will then advance to the 2019 Senior PGA Professional Championship presented by Cadillac to be played Oct. 3-6, 2019, at Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa (Fazio Foothills and Coore Crenshaw courses) in Austin, Texas. An additional $50 entry fee will be required to enter the Senior PGA Professional Championship presented by Cadillac and a separate eligibility deadline must also be met.
All members who wish to play in the 2019 Senior PGA Professional Championship presented by Cadillac and/or the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship (both of which have an eligibility deadline that must be met), must first enter their respective 2019 Section Senior PGA Professional Championship (unless exemption status applies). Providing all eligibility requirements are met, exemptions are as follows:
- All Champions of the Senior PGA Professional Championship
- Top eight (8) finishers plus ties from the 2018 Senior PGA Professional Championship
- Former PGA Professional Champions turning 50 during the current year, prior to the first round of the National Championship
- 2018 Senior PGA Professional Player of the Year
- 2018 PGA Professional Player of the Year, provided he/she is 50 years old
- PGA Professionals making the “cut” at the 2019 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship
- 2019 PGA Professional Championship (if eligibility criteria is met and maintained)
Exempt players have the option, but are not required, to play in their Section qualifier provided entries are made prior to the deadline and eligibility is met.
If they choose to enter, and provided they originally entered their Section Senior Championship, each Section Senior Champion has an automatic playing spot in the 2019 Senior PGA Professional Champion presented by Cadillac. Champions determined after their Section’s entry deadline may not submit a late entry for this event.
Eligibility is limited to PGA Members who meet all of the following criteria.
- Must be eligibly employed, in good standing and classified in one of the following active membership classifications or have Life Member status in one of the following classifications (LM, LMA, LMM or LMMA), at the time of entry and their Section’s entry deadline date (unless special exception criteria met). The PGA of America Headquarters records must reflect this status at time of entry and on Section’s entry deadline date (unless special exception criteria met).
|*MP Master Professional||A-13 - General Managers/Directors of Club Operations|
|A-1 - Head Professional at a PGA Recognized Golf Course||A-14 - Director of Instruction at a PGA Recognized Facility|
|A-2 - Head Professional at a PGA Recognized Golf Range||A-15 - Retail|
|A-4 - Director of Golf at PGA Recognized Golf Facilities||A-16 - Golf Course Architect/Builder|
|*A-5 - Past Presidents of the Association||A-17 - Golf Course Superintendent|
|A-6 - Golf Instructor at a PGA Recognized Facility||A-18 - Golf Media|
|A-7 - Head Professional at a PGA Recognized Facility Under Construction||A-19 - Golf Manufacturer Management|
|A-8 - Assistant Golf Professional at a PGA Recognized Facility||A-20 - Golf Manufacture Sales Representative|
|A-9 Employed in Professional Positions in Management, Development, Ownership Operation and/or Financing of Facilities||A-21 - Tournament Director|
|A-10 - Golf Clinician||A-22 - Rules Official|
|A-11 - Golf Administrator||A-23 - Club Fitting/Club Repair|
|A-12 - College or University Golf Coach||A-24 - PGA Members primarily employed within the golf industry who are not eligible for another Active classification|
*Must be eligibly employed in one of the above mentioned active membership classifications or classified in one of the following Life Member classifications (LM, LMA, LMM or LMMA).
- Must not have played in more than eight (8) combined Adams Pro Tour (APT), Asian Tour, Dakotas Tour, European Challenge Tour, European Senior Tour, European Tour, JPGA Senior Tour, JPGA Tour, Ladies European Tour (LET), Symetra Tour (LPGA), LPGA, Mackenzie TOUR – Canada, PGA Australia Tours, PGA New Zealand Tours, PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, PGA TOUR – China, PGA TOUR – LatinoAmerica, SwingThought Tour, The Safari Tour, The Sunshine Tour and web.com TOUR tournaments within twelve-month period prior to each Section deadline. The U.S. Open, U.S. Senior Open, U.S. Women’s Open, PGA Championship, KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship and KPMG Women’s PGA Championship are not included in the 8-tournament count.
- Participants must also be a minimum of 50 years of age on October 3, 2019, the first round of the 2019 Senior PGA Professional Championship presented by Cadillac.
PGA Tournament Corporation, Inc., reserves the right to determine whether or not any player meets eligibility and to reject any player who does not meet these requirements.
The PGA member will not be eligible to participate if:
- the member is serving a suspension from membership
- the member is suspended from tournament participation for National tournaments
- the member is classified as Class F, Reserve (formerly Inactive), A-3, Retired Member, Life Member Century or Honorary
To enter your Section Senior PGA Professional Championship, click on a link below or call 800.474.2776. Entries will be accepted beginning May 15,2019. If you enter by telephone, please ask for a confirmation number or if you enter online, please print your confirmation. A confirmation will be emailed to the current address in your membership file. American Express, MasterCard, or Visa will be accepted for payment. Please be prepared to provide the following information when entering:
- PGA membership number
- Name, city and state (as you wish it to appear on starting times, scoreboard, etc.)
- Corporation information (if applicable). If prize money is to be paid to a corporation, you must provide the name of the corporation and its federal identification number
- Number of (must not have played in more than eight (8) combined) Adams Pro Tour (APT), Asian Tour, Dakotas Tour, European Challenge Tour, European Senior Tour, European Tour, JPGA Senior Tour, JPGA Tour, Ladies European Tour (LET), Symetra Tour (LPGA), LPGA, Mackenzie TOUR – Canada, PGA Australia Tours, PGA New Zealand Tours, PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, PGA TOUR – China, PGA TOUR – LatinoAmerica, SwingThought Tour, The Safari Tour, The Sunshine Tour and web.com TOUR tournaments within twelve-month period prior to each Section deadline. The U.S. Open, U.S. Senior Open, U.S. Women’s Open, PGA Championship, KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship and KPMG Women’s PGA Championship are not included in the 8-tournament count.
Section entry fee is $140 (although Sections may set additional fees to add to the purse or to cover expenses related to playing the Championship).
PGA.org and the event registration pages are undergoing maintenance on August 23-25. The schedule of events and links to register will return to this page once that maintenance is complete. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update the page as quickly as we can.
Download the complete entry information.