Section PGA Professional Championship
Every applicant (except exempt applicants) must go through a two-stage process as follows to compete in the 2020 PGA Professional Championship.
- Enter and compete in your Section PGA Professional Championship. See below for your Section’s specific information.
- A pre-determined number of top finishers from each Section, plus exempt players, will then advance to the 2020 PGA Professional Championship scheduled to be played April 26-29, 2020, (Sunday through Wednesday) at Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa in Austin, Texas. An additional $100 entry fee will be required to enter the 2020 PGA Professional Championship and eligibility deadline must also be met.
All members who wish to play in the 2020 PGA Professional Championship, and/or the 2020 PGA Championship (both of which will have an eligibility deadline you must meet) must first enter your 2019 Section PGA Professional Championship (unless exemption status applies).
- Former Champions through 1996 have a lifetime exemption. Former Champions beginning in 1997 forward are exempt into the national Championship until he/she reaches the age of 60 or for a minimum of 10 years from such victory, whichever is the later
- Top 20 plus ties in the 2019 PGA Professional Championship
- The 2019 Assistant PGA Professional Champion
- 2019 Senior PGA Professional Champion
- PGA Professionals making the cut in the 2019 PGA Championship
- Top 2 finishers in the 2020 PGA Winter Championship’s Stroke Play Championship (not already exempt)
Exempt players have the option, but are not required, to play in their Section PGA Professional Championship provided entries are made prior to the deadline and eligibility is met.
Eligibility is limited to PGA Members who meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be eligibly employed and in good standing at the time of entry and their Section’s entry deadline date (unless special exception criteria met). The PGA of America headquarters records must reflect this status at time of entry and Section’s entry deadline date (unless special exception criteria met).
|*MP Master Professional||A-14 - Director of Instruction at a PGA Recognized Facility|
|A-1 - Head Professional at a PGA Recognized Golf Course||A-15 - Retail|
|A-2 - Head Professional at a PGA Recognized Golf Range||A-16 - Golf Course Architect/Builder|
|A-4 - Director of Golf at PGA Recognized Golf Facilities||A-17 - Golf Course Superintendent|
|*A-5 - Past Presidents of the Association||A-18 - Golf Media|
|A-6 - Golf Instructor at a PGA Recognized Facility||A-19 - Golf Manufacturer Management|
|A-7 - Head Professional at a PGA Recognized Facility Under Construction||A-20 - Golf Manufacture Sales Representative|
|A-8 - Assistant Golf Professional at a PGA Recognized Facility||A-21 - Tournament Coordinator/Director for Organizations, Businesses or Associations|
|A-9 Employed in Professional Positions in Management, Development, Ownership Operation and/or Financing of Facilities||A-22 - Rules Official|
|A-10 - Golf Clinician||A-23 - Club Fitting/Club Repair|
|A-11 - Golf Administrator||A-24 - PGA Members primarily employed within the golf industry who are not eligible for another Active classification|
|A-12 - College or University Golf Coach||LMA - Life Member Active|
|A-13 - General Manager||LMMA - Life Member Master Professional Active|
*Must be eligibly employed in one of the above mentioned active membership classifications to be eligible.
Must not have played in more than eight (8) combined Adams Pro Tour (APT), Asian Tour, Dakotas Tour, European Challenge Tour, European Senior Tour, European Tour, JPGA Senior Tour, JPGA Tour, Ladies European Tour (LET), Symetra Tour (LPGA), LPGA Tour, Mackenzie TOUR – Canada, PGA Australia Tours, PGA New Zealand Tours, PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, PGA TOUR – China, PGA TOUR – LatinoAmerica, SwingThought Tour, The Safari Tour, The Sunshine Tour and web.com TOUR tournaments within twelve-month period prior to each Section deadline. The U.S. Open, U.S. Senior Open, U.S. Women’s Open, PGA Championship, KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship and KPMG Women’s PGA Championship are not included in the 8-tournament count.
PGA Tournament Corporation, Inc., reserves the right to determine whether or not any player meets eligibility and to reject any player who does not meet these requirements.
The PGA Member will not be eligible to participate if:
a) the member is serving a suspension from membership;
b) the member is suspended from tournament participation for National tournaments; or
c) the member is classified as Class F, LM, LMM, LMC, RM, Reserve, A-3 or Honorary.
To enter your Section PGA Professional Championship, each player may enter online below or call 800.474.2776**, beginning April 24, 2019.** If you enter by telephone, please ask for a confirmation number or if you enter online, please print your confirmation. A confirmation will be emailed to the current address in your membership file. American Express, MasterCard, or Visa will be accepted for payment. Please be prepared to provide the following information when entering:
- PGA Member number
- Name, city and state (as you wish it to appear on starting times, scoreboard, etc.)
- Corporation information (if applicable). If prize money is to be paid to a corporation, you must provide the name of the corporation and its federal identification number
- Number of (must not have played in more than eight (8) combined) Adams Pro Tour (APT), Asian Tour, Dakotas Tour, European Challenge Tour, European Senior Tour, European Tour, JPGA Senior Tour, JPGA Tour, Ladies European Tour (LET), Symetra Tour (LPGA), LPGA Tour, Mackenzie TOUR – Canada, PGA Australia Tours, PGA New Zealand Tours, PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, PGA TOUR – China, PGA TOUR – LatinoAmerica, SwingThought Tour, The Safari Tour, The Sunshine Tour and web.com TOUR tournaments within twelve-month period prior to each Section deadline. The U.S. Open, U.S. Senior Open, U.S. Women’s Open, PGA Championship, KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship and KPMG Women’s PGA Championship are not included in the 8-tournament count.
Section entry fee is $110 (although Sections may set additional fees to add to the purse or to cover expenses related to playing the Championship).
PGA.org and the event registration pages are undergoing maintenance on August 23-25. The schedule of events and links to register will return to this page once that maintenance is complete. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update the page as quickly as we can.
Download complete entry information for the 2019 Section PGA Professional Championship.