Member Assistance Program
Effectively Manage Life’s Challenges with SupportLinc
Everyone winds up in the rough once in a while. That’s why the PGA of America partnered with SupportLinc, the enhanced Member Assistance Program (MAP) designed to assist members, associates, and their immediate family members in every aspect of life.
SupportLinc provides confidential, professional counseling services for a wide array of personal and work-related concerns including:
Dependent Care Referrals
SupportLinc is free to members, associates and their immediate families and is completely confidential. If you think you may need help, please call 866-4PGA MAP (or 866-474-2627) or click here to access the Member Assistance Program website.
- Click here to learn more about the program.
- Click here to learn about SupportLinc’s legal consultation service that can assist you with certain legal concerns.
- Navigating change can take a mental and physical toll on us. Challenge yourself to look at what’s in front of you as an opportunity for personal growth with the help of SupportLinc’s ‘Navigating Change’ seminar.
- Click here to access the Resiliency Toolkit to learn how you can increase your own personal resilience by utilizing resources such as tip sheets, flash courses and daily inspiration.
- We know that life can be challenging. Boost your own emotional wellbeing or support your co-workers and loved ones with this Mental Health First Aid Toolkit from SupportLinc.
- Starting this new school year may look and feel very different – for both students and parents. SupportLinc offers a variety of resources to assist you and your family on your educational journeys.
What is SupportLinc?
The SupportLinc Member Assistance Program (MAP) is a confidential benefit provided to Members, Associates and their immediate family members to assist with a wide range of personal and work-related issues. Family conflicts, personal issues, work stress and the demands of our children are just a few of the responsibilities we face on a day-to-day basis. The MAP is a resource that will help you with these responsibilities.
Why would someone need the SupportLinc MAP?
We all experience personal problems from time to time. Usually, we’re content to handle them on our own. However, in order to truly address a problem, there are times where we just don’t know where to turn. “The stress of my job is just too much.” “I’m going through a divorce and need to find an attorney.” “All I do is work to pay the bills and I’m never caught up.” “My child care provider just quit. What am I going to do?” “My supervisor and I just can’t get along.” “I think my father needs to move to a nursing home, but I don’t know where to turn.”
What happens when I call the MAP?
You and your immediate family members can contact SupportLinc at any time, day or night, and speak directly to a licensed MAP counselor. The experienced SupportLinc counselor will collect some general information about you and will talk to you about the nature of your issue. This process is called an “intake”. Once the intake conversation is completed, the counselor will schedule an in-person appointment with a nearby clinician who best fits the need that was identified during the intake.
Is SupportLinc confidential?
Yes! The SupportLinc MAP is strictly confidential. No one else at your company will know that you have accessed services through the MAP, nor will seeking MAP services endanger your job or career.
How much does it cost?
The $5 charge for the SupportLinc MAP appears on the member and associate annual dues invoice. If services beyond the MAP are needed, the SupportLinc counselor will provide referrals based on affordability and/or coverage through your personal health benefit plan, if applicable.
How do I access SupportLinc?
You can call SupportLinc toll-free at 866-4PGAMAP (474-2627). You will be immediately connected to a licensed SupportLinc counselor who can provide you with assistance. SupportLinc is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also access services through https://pga.mysupportportal.com/. You will need to enter “pga” as the login name. The password is linc123.